Wednesday, August 20, 2008

BMX in the Olympics

I stole this picture from nytimes.com. I wasn't at the Olympisc to take it.

So, the New York Times wrote a bunch about BMX in the Olympics this year. I haven't read much anywhere else about it. The cycling world hasn't made a big deal about it. I think it's fitting, since road, track, and mountain biking are in it. The only thing that mystifies me is that it made its entry like 15 or so years after the sport's major popularity. The only people I see riding BMX with talent now are doing cool tricks, instead of riding around a track fast. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These guys reach sick speeds, spinning way faster than a track racer I bet. Bike Handling. The nearest track to me is maybe 2 hours away. Not that I'd ride it!