If you haven't been paying attention, I'm on a bike tour and not at all in Hartford. That said, I'm keeping an electronic toe in the water. There are several things coming up that deserve a long distance shout out. Bummed that I can't be there in person, but take lots of photos and make me jealous. Post the photos to Transport Hartford.
- Sunday, September 6th - Hartford Slow Roll. 3pm meet up at 1429 Park Street. 7-12 miles at a leisurely pace. Often followed with beverages at a local establishment.
- Sunday, September 13th - Traffic Skills 101 in New Britain, CT. Hard hittin' New Britain was recently recognized as a Bicycle Friendly Community and they are upping their game by bringing this comprehensive bike safety course to the city. Just in time for the Discover New Britain Ride. Last day to register is September 9th, but don't wait until then. These classes sell out.
- Meandering Mondays - As recently featured in the Hartford Courant. Sort of like the Slow Roll, but much shorter, it starts downtown, and there is a lunch stop. Slow pace. Work clothes. Every Monday. Fair weather only. Meets at 11:45am (sharp) on Prospect Street where the Travelers flyover walkway is, near the Hartford Club.
- Saturday, September 19th - Hartford Family Bike Tour and Envisionfest. A full day of awesomeness in Hartford wouldn't be complete without a family bike tour. Pretty darn cheap. You can also volunteer, and ride marshals are needed / ride for free. Registration should open soon. Keep an eye on the CCAP page for registration.
- Bike Share? - Saturday, September 18th, 19th, & 20th - Maybe, just maybe there will be a "bike share" demo in Hartford. It will be a weekend full of bicycles, new folks in Hartford (Envisionfest), and a need to get across town to check things out. Stay tuned! Watch Transport Hartford for announcements.
- CT Cycling Festival Race Day - Sunday, September 20th - A day full of criterium racing in downtown Hartford. It's a great race for spectating, there will be an expo area, and we always need more cowbell. Spread the word and bring a crowd that knows how to holler. You can also volunteer.
- Sunday, September 27th - Discover New Britain Bike Tour. Check out all the bike lanes and drool. Register here. You can also volunteer.