Thursday, June 17, 2010

RAW deals


This weeks Hartford Advocate features a cover story on how lousy Connecticut is about accommodating cyclists, showing that they are right on top of the breaking news that we discussed here in January. Lest you get mopey from the DOT's neglect, take comfort in some of the local bike love that's all around:

Tonight, for instance, you get free or discounted admission (depending on whether or not you are a RAW member) to Real Art Ways' Creative Cocktail Hour if you arrive by bicycle. If that's not enough V.I.P. treatment, you can bring your bike right inside where artist Anne Cubberly will host a bike decorating workshop. Why would you want to decorate your bike, you might reasonably ask?

On Saturday, you can join the Real Ride hARTford at 7:30 PM, which is described as such:

"Art up your bike and throw on some lights for a night ride through our neighborhood, Parkville. The one-hour guided bike tour, with a DJ on wheels, leaves from and returns to Real Art Ways. The outdoor cafe and bar will be open for libations or just freshening your water bottle."

I'm taking a break from working on the DJ trailer as I type this. What better maiden voyage for my new utility trailer than to load it up with a friend and his DJ equipment?

1 comment:

Schleppi Longstocking said...

I could not even get through the BAdvocate article yesterday because the recurring thought I kept having was along the lines of "yeah, biking is so bad in CT that you didn't even conceive of covering this story until six months after it had already been done." So, Interstatement, props to you for the massive scoop.

I'm wondering, though, if I really want my Jenny around drunk artistes. If she gets spilled on, we're going to have fisticuffs!