Friday, November 14, 2008

E. Hartford Screwed Me!


Bullseye!

I picked up this happy little fellow in my front tire about a half mile from the office this morning. The wheel held its air to get me the rest of the way. Of course now I'm thinking about how both my spare tube and patch kit are foolishly sitting in my other bag at home. Word to the wise: when you decide to switch bags impulsively, make sure you transfer other things. On the bright side, I get to ride the bus home tonight in luxurious warmth and comfort. Route H2 represent!

4 comments:

Musegal said...

You're lame. When I broke down on my ride home yesterday morning on Capitol I walked the rest of the way.

Karma said...

That picture makes me sad. Upside is your tire held air that last .5 mi. As many of you know if my tires so much as look at a screw like that they explode.

For curiosity sake what kind of rubber are you running?

OpusOne said...

The stock tires that came on this bike are Cheng Shin Europa 26 x 1.6". The more expensive model would have come with Schwalbe CityPlus 26 x 1.75".

Mine have been fine; pretty low rolling resistance and durable. I also dig the reflective sidewall...when it's clean.

sasquatch2 said...

I got spiked like that the night I installed my FPS (flat protection system) 45$ jobbies! I aired 'em up, jumped on and zipped up and down my block 1 lap, in the morning the rear was dead with a rusty 2" finishing nail clean thru to the rimstrip. Besides that and 10 other times, they have been nearly flat free!!!

-S