Who are they? The skunks. They are out and about. It smells funny. Must be getting on Spring.
But that's not what I'm talking about. Cyclists. I've seen them peeking out, trying to decide if it's warm enough to ride about.
Good thing there are tons of fun stuff planned for them. Take a gander:
- IceBike to Work - Friday, March 15. East Hartford. 7AM-8AM. Meet for breakfast at Maddies on Main Street. Right across the street from Pratt & Whitney.
- Reveal the Path movie screening - Tuesday, April 16th. 7:30PM. Wadsworth Atheneum Aetna Theater.
- This mountain biking / adventure / travel movie came through Hartford in February and sold out. Sold out faster than any movie this promoter has ever toured with. Faster than NYC. Faster than Boston. Kudos Hartford. This is your chance to see it if you missed it.
- Informal Happy Hour meetup ahead of time at Arch Street Tavern. Get there early if you want to eat so you're not scrambling to get to the movie on time.
- Get your tickets here online!
- Part of the proceeds go to Bike Walk CT.
- Bike Walk CT Summit - Saturday, April 27th, New Haven, CT.
- The 2013 Bike Walk Summit will bring together people from all over Connecticut to talk about how to improve bicycling and walking in our state.
- Don't miss the chance to learn from experts and connect with others working on these issues. Come away energized and inspired and with tools you can use to make a change.
- The Detour! - Saturday, April 27th, Manchester, CT.
- Salem's signature romp. He suggests a route. You can decide to follow it - or not.
- If you decide to do the whole thing make sure you are prepared. Unlike me, don't just show up without route sheets and hope to hang on with others that actually planned ahead.
- It's sorta long too - if you decide to do the whole thing. Something like 115 miles. When you include the extra time / effort for the off road bits it feels something like 150 miles. Bring lights and chubby-ish tires.