Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Erosion Psychologist



Awhile ago, I wrote a short story about an erosion psychologist. I didn't really elaborate on what the job entailed, it was a passing description of a 4'9" air traveler named after a guy I worked with at a coffee shop in West Hartford center. The real version of the fellow barista wrote a book called Displicit, went to divinity school and became a UU minister. I am also a minister, but mostly for the purpose of officiating weddings in California, where my Justice of the Peace status doesn't transfer.

Yesterday I was in Rocky Hill looking at an eroded hill caused by a new, ugly subdivision. It's right of the hill from the Connecticut River and the Goff Brook. There's probably enough space between the eroded hill and the water to prevent it from silting out, but I don't really know anything about that.

The moral of the story is that mountain bikers should refrain from riding most woods until they dry out more. However, bad subdivisions and ATVs cause far more harm to the environment than mountain bikes and feet.

No comments: