Monday, April 6, 2009

What happened?

Dear reader, it's been some time since that nonsensical post about fish and parties last week, so you're probably assuming that one of those things claimed my life or caused me to quit this blog. Nope. In fact, I was doing lots of cool things and now I'm going to tell you about them.

Thursday was this:



People were drinking & dancing at City Hall!

On Friday, nothing really happened besides eating some Vietnamese food at the Vietnam Restaurant. Best bĂșn around!

I also walked home from work in the rain on Friday and considered the necessity of Green Infrastructure in Hartford.

On Saturday, I went to Penwood with my newly rigid Stumpjumper and I found this (which I did not drink, because Mike's Hard Lemonade is nasty, not because I found it in the woods):


And, it caused my rear tire to go flat shortly after I took this picture.


The evening led to some more dancing courtesy of that Bacchanalian HartBeat Ensemble.



On Sunday, I went to Cockaponset and it wasn't all I hope it would be. Most of the trails were kind of overgrown. This description was a little hyperbolic if you ask me.


This above trail was kickass, but I'm not altogether sure if I was allowed to ride on it. There were bike tire tracks, but that's often a meaningless measure of the rules. I apologize if I screwed up and rode on a "no bike" trail. I know you aren't allowed on the blue blaze here, but this was blue & red and I know you were allowed on the red. There weren't any of those CT Forest & Park Association "NO BIKES" diamonds on it, though.


There was also this weird moonscpaed fireroad where it looked like they had done some logging.

I ate this bowl of soup, too:

3 comments:

Mark said...

Next time you ride the Cock (Freudian Slip) you got to try the Epic Trail! Webber Woods to Haddam. I helped map this trail 3 or 4 years ago. The map on my blog gives you a good overview of the entire route. Crankfire has a better rendition of the route (from the same data I uploaded).

Anonymous said...

I thought this blog was about riding bikes? I know - easy target.

Brendan said...

@Mark It'd be 28 for me as I'm one man with one car. When do you want to do the Talcott Mountain singlespeed (or multispeed) epic? I think comes out to almost 30.

@anonymous we'll ride whatever is around.