Thursday, April 23, 2009

Some pictures from recent rides

When I returned from the airport the other night after returning my awesome rented Toyota Yaris, it was dark and pouring rain. But I'm an artiste, see, so that didn't stop me from taking pictures. Also, I had just finished crafting a new tripod from an old music stand, a cork, a piece of a reflector bracket, and some nuts and bolts, so I was eager to take some low-light shots. I managed only two that were remotely worth keeping. Here they are (as always, click for a larger version):

Mill Brook Package Store

It's a package store in Windsor. That is all.


Luke, I am your building.

For some reason, a lot of apartment buildings in West Hartford have names. (There is another one called, inexplicably, "Asia.") I would like to think that the apartment numbering system in this building goes [floor number] - [apartment number], so, like, if you lived on the fourth floor, your apartment number might be 4-4, and then, instead of telling people where you lived by saying the address and the apartment number, you could say, "man does not live by bread alone," because that's Luke 4:4. (Or if you were on the fourth floor in apartment 8, you could just always blast that one White Stripes album, because Luke 4:8 contains the phrase, "Get thee behind me, Satan.")

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bible geeking on the Bike Blog- well played, Presidente! I shared the link with a friend, but only got a lukewarm response.

Aww, crap, now I'm going to be thinking of horrible luke puns all day. Like, the bisexual neighbor would be "Luke both ways," the guy who cut the tops off the parking meters did time and ate a lot of hard-boiled eggs would be Cool Hand Luke, and the elevator to the penthouse would be the Luke Skywalker. This can only get worse...

El Presidente de China said...

Don't forget the lecture series in the building's lobby: "Luke Listen and Learn."

Also, on St. Patrick's Day, they bathe the building in green lights, making it the Luke of the Irish.

Ben said...

my wife lived in "asia" when we were dating!! the lobby has really fancy iron outdoor furniture for visitors to use while waiting for residents. the furniture is lag bolted to the floor!!

El Presidente de China said...

Did your wife enjoy spending what I presume to be some part of her twenties in that building? Might we punnily say that she is a supporter of "youth-in-asia" and assisted suicide?

Brendan said...

You guys are all fired from the beat bike blog.