Friday, January 23, 2009

Heat Wave!!



Ok so maybe its not really a heat wave but compared to the last few weeks its feels almost tropical outside. Not much else of consequence in this post but I just want to say I hope everyone is taking advantage of the brief thaw to get out on your bikes. If the last few weeks of arctic temperatures were enough to keep you indoors or encased in steel on your commute to work, school, etc., today is the perfect day to get back out on your two-wheeled steeds and get the blood flowing again. It'll be nice to head out and not have to wear bulky (although pretty sweet) mittens, a facemask, and tights under my pants just to keep from going hypothermic. Might even be a nice night for an impromptu bike pub tour. Long story short, if you didn't plan on riding today, do so, as weather like this must be appreciated in January.

4 comments:

El Presidente de China said...

You know what, though? I almost prefer the sub-freezing temps, because when it's 33 - 37 degrees, like today, everything is wet and grimy, and I simply can't tolerate messes.

Brendan said...

I tend to agree. I nice not having to sweat. Besides, I still can't go mountain biking, snow's too deep.

Karma said...

I enjoy the general lack of numbness and today was the perfect temperature to ride and not really break a sweat. I have to admit, however, the roads were pretty messy, especially in the city where pavement seemed to be replaced by ice, mud, and flowing water. Another +1 for the fenders, shoes stayed nice and dry.

Brendan said...

I was definitely breaking a sweat today. Rode around on the roads today, tomorrow I might try and head into the woods.