Thursday, December 18, 2008

How Your Sausage Gets Made

Our three regular readers have come to expect a high caliber of content here at the Beat Bike Blog. Because a blog isn't just a bunch of words and typos occupying no physical space and ignored by everyone. No, my friends, a blog is the product of bloggers. Yes, it's true. This internet magic is the work of real, flesh-and-blood nerds who pour their souls into the thankless endeavor of making your interweb-surfing experience just a little bit better. We craft our posts, we confer about matters of style and policy, and we plan exciting bicycle adventures and report on them so you don't have to.

But how does it happen? you ask. How does this crack team of cycling enthusiasts chart a course for two-wheeled high-living such as might yield posts like this or this? Why not take a peek into the process, and perhaps learn something about consensus-building, friendship, and America? Why not, indeed:

Brendan: ride home [from midnight reservoir ride] was cold
Chillwill: cold? my elf outfit from the paerty kept me toasty!
Joel: Cold? Yes. But I'm a hot and sweaty bastard! Windsor is boring!
Brendan: We ought to do this again. Maybe start slightly earlier.
El Prez: Maybe in the snow.
Brendan: Maybe in the danger.
Rich: Maybe in your mom.
Brendan I don't think that I like the tone of that.
El Prez: Considering her predilection for indiscriminate and frequent sexual congress with all manner of dubious characters (many of them paying customers), I think it would be fair to say that "Maybe in danger" and "Maybe in your mom" are substantially equivalent.
El Prez: Much snow is predicted. Should we take to the streets, two-wheel style?
Brendan: Is it predicted for tonight or tomorrow morning?
I was thinking about doing some after work mountain biking.
El Prez: Right you are. So how about tomorrow night? 9:oo p.m.
Brendan: depends on the salt on the road. I don't want my fancy components to seize
El Prez: So ride a less fancy bike. Duh.
Brendan: ???
El Prez: Does that mean that fancy is the only way your ride?
El Prez: (Also, clearly no one else is on e-mail but us, so we're carrying on this dialogue for our own amusement and no one else's)
Rich: No, I'm amused in my rapidly emptying office.
Also, I'm planning on going to Boston tomorrow night.
El Prez: Probably to protect your fancy components.
Pussy.
Rich: My components are so fancy they are hermetically sealed from all non-fancy elements, and when I say "components," I'm really talking about deez nutz.
People like Ken are gonna be pissed when they check email.
El Prez: See attached image.


3 comments:

OpusOne said...

And when I say "elements," I really mean "your mom."

Brendan said...

I don't eat sausage.

OpusOne said...

Yeah, but yer...

Wait. That's *too* easy. What are you up to, Brendan?