Monday, September 9, 2019

Yet another Detour de CT






While we thought maybe it was the tenth annual Detour de CT, it may in fact only be the 9th. According to the historic documents, the first one was fall of 2010 (when no one died). That first was one was invitational and all since then have been public affairs.


Nevertheless, Saturday was another running of the Detour. I don't think I had ridden a hundred miles in a clip since the Detour in 2017, so I was a little nervous about survival. I had ridden down to Milford the other day and averaged 18 something MPH, which is pretty quick for a slow piece of shit like me.

Since Salem has stopped really publicizing his ride except on his blog and no one reads blogs, the number of riders has shrunk to 7. There's no a and b group anymore, and the canvas bag contingent doesn't come.

Anyway, we did not ride the whole thing, since Mohegan State Forest is now impassable. First year the entire ride was left unfinished. We did, however, ride almost the whole thing and even stop for lunch. Everyone is getting soft.




The day before, I crashed and totally abraded my hand. Riding on the hoods hurt, but it was other ok.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd love to be part of the "canvas bag contingent", since I do have canvas bags. Alas, I am too far away.
-Shawn
http://urbanadventureleague.wordpress.com/

มาแรงชั้น 1 said...

pg slot เว็บ ตรง 2023 เปิดให้บริการ ในลักษณะของแพลตฟอร์ มเกมการพนัน สุดล้ำสมัย pg slot ที่กำลังเป็นที่นิยม จากเหล่านักพนันสมัยใหม่ สูงที่สุดปี หรือจะพูดได้ว่า มาแรงชั้น 1

เข้าใจและสนุกสนาน said...

Uplay 168 ออนไลน์ เป็นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ที่มีความน่าสนใจและมีความเป็นเอกลักษณ์ เกมนี้มีรูปแบบการเล่นที่ง่ายต่อการเข้าใจและสนุกสนาน PG SLOT