Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ulnar Neuropathy



Do you think about your left pinky much? I've been thinking about my left pinky a lot, because it's gone numb. It would seem that I have developed an ulnar neuropathy, which according to velo news is caused by "poor bike fit with too much forward pressure or riding on rough terrain under constant handlebar vibrations". I'm guess my problem was caused by mostly the latter scenario. It sucks, because I have motion and control on my pinky and it doesn't hurt, but I can't really feel it. Supposedly, it'll go away in three weeks or so.



4 comments:

Mark said...

Get some squish!

Brendan said...

but to work that with a front rack, I'd one of those crazy motorcycle front racks: http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/tout-terrain.asp. That fork costs a grand!

Mark said...

Those are pretty insane frames. Too bad there is no 29er version.

Brendan said...

you know that touring axiom about how one can only buy 26" tubes in foreign countries.