I've been sort of derelict in my blogulatory duties lately. Perhaps my interest in blogging waning. Perhaps I'm a crappy writer. Perhaps I've got writer's block. That would be funny, because I'm not a writer. Some stuff:
1. Riding a bike in a Hartford park is now legal, even if you do it off road. This allows you to ride a bike in Bushnell Park... not that anyone was being prevented before. In fact, bicycles were technically not allowed on the bike path along the CT River. However, this is also opens up the opportunity for riding on dirt. So, Keney Park "mountain biking" is now legal. As you can imagine, I had a little bit to do with this ordinance.
2. I'm not very good at riding a rigid bike.
I thought that I was, so I rode my rigid stumpjumper at the Winding Trails race. I came in 11th (14 seconds out of points). Fun & fast race, though.
3. Thai Food on the Wheels in back in Bushnell Park, so my lunch opportunities have been expanded.
4. Hi water has receded, so one can ride near rivers again.
5. I'm sort of antsy to go to Vermont and ride for long on dirt.
6. I fixed my mom's bike (well, as well as I can fix a bike). Maybe she'll start riding it again.