Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Head, set


I'm not that good at working on my bikes. My Stumpjumper needs a new a new headset, so I bought one awhile ago, a Cane Creek S-8. I have Cane Creek headsets on my 'cross bike and my Kona. I think they're great. So, to replace my relic of an aheadset, I brought it to the local bike shop. And sadly, they told me it wouldn't be ready for two weeks.

I guess I should buy a headset press.

I don't think I'll be writing much about riding my bike in the coming weeks; I've got hours and hours of budget hearings to sit at.

3 comments:

CT NEMBA said...

You can always make a headset press yourself, check out this DIY jobbie I made last year.

fabian said...

I just use a block of wood, rubber mallet, screw driver, a lil sand paper if needed.

Brendan said...

Salem had a nice home made one that did 1" and 1 1/8" made from a large bolt, some nuts and foam. I should gone that route.

But, I'm not very handy.