Sunday, November 8, 2009

What big eyes you have...

...and a pretty broad, flat tail as well.

I was riding back down through Hartford this afternoon on my trip home, and after crossing the bridge, I opted for a pleasant roll along the water in East River Park.

It seems beaver don't have a very good sense of scale. I've seen evidence of this before, when one started working on a four foot diameter tree near my house a few years back. Well, now it appears those industrious mammals are trying to dam the Connecticut river, with a lot of trees along the bank showing evidence of their work. I've heard of biting off more than you can chew (aww, ouch, bad pun), but this is ridiculous. Then again, it could be this beaver, in which case you'd better check your flood insurance.


10 comments:

Unknown said...

watch out for beaver fever

Brendan said...

Don't make flood insurance jokes in Hartford. It's very serious matter!

Brendan said...

But, yeah, I'm pretty puzzled by those trees they've taken down over there.

Kerri said...

I must say, that is one enormous beaver.

Who wants to commission a beaver for the Hartford riverfront? I think it should be facing East Hartford, in some kind of long distance beaver staring contest.

Brendan said...

Or maybe the beavers would fall in love.

Kerri said...

Okay, or that.

Enormous menacing beavers are way better than a cow parade.

Interstatement said...

How about an actual parade? We could combine Beaverfest with the Hooker Day parade for maximum fun and double entendre potential.

Brendan said...

do you think people ever have rage against the machine homages and let the bulls go on parade?

kerri said...

I see plenty of beaver on parade around Laurel & Farmington already. Just saying.

Brendan said...

you nasty!