Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Allan Williams Memorial Service and Bike Procession

It is with regret to write about the memorial services for Allan Williams whom i met through the CCBA and all the work he did for the organization. My best to his family. This is a great loss for them as well as everyone Allan helped with his tireless work. Allan was the first person I met in the CCBA, during the weeks before the first Discover Hartford Walking and Bicycle Tour a few years ago. He was a super nice guy and gave a lot for the tour to work so well. Upon reading his Obituary I learned how much more this man has done for Earth! Well done Allan. Wow!

I really wish I could have posted this sooner, but tomorrow is the funeral and a bicycle procession. Please see below:

Bike Procession and Ride:
Procession:
The Williams Family is happy to have cyclists ride their bikes along with the funeral procession at Cedar Hill Cemetery. You are welcome to drive your bike to the cemetery, ride in the procession, and drive to the reception or back to the rest of your day.

Meet: Cedar Hill Cemetery entrance no later than 10:15 like everyone else
Wear your Discover Hartford Bike Tour T-Shirt!

Riding from downtown Hartford to the cemetery?
Meet at 9:30 AM in Bushnell Park across the street from DEP, 79 Elm Street, Hartford




Allan, you will be missed. Thank you for all your dedication, time and work. Ride On!

2 comments:

goolia said...

What a beautiful obit.

Interestingly I worked at the DEP in the bookstore for a couple years. Wish I could have met this guy.

Kerri Provost said...

A few years ago I interviewed Allan on the radio, and unlike some people I've spoken to, he was so genuinely excited about the project that he was involved in (Discover Hartford Bicycle & Walking Tour). His enthusiasm was contagious. I'm sad to hear about his passing.