Monday, September 22, 2008

Johanna and Brendan ride a long way

I have this on a t-shirt now.

After complaining about not riding up and down enough a few weeks ago, Johanna and I decided to go to Vermont, where things go up and down a lot more.

On Saturday, we did the 11th Annual Claasen Memorial Northeast Kingdom Century and it was great. We saw lots of lakes and took no pictures, so I can only use a google image search to show you where we went. The route had four well stocked rest stops, and at one I got sneak into Canada. If you've got nothing to do on the third Saturday of September, I highly recommend the ride. Johanna liked it so much that she decided the standard 100 wasn't enough and added an extra sixteen mile jaunt to it. I wasn't as hardcore and was in dire need of beer, so I only rode 100.

This is Derby Line. The left side of the room is Quebec and the right side is Vermont. This rest stop is where I snuck into Canada. Don't tell anyone. Here's a Times article about it.

Johanna's family has a lake house up there, so it was fortuitous to learn the roads better so that we can better invent our own rides up there. You can only do the "books", Parker Pizza, East Albany, or Perron Hill loops so many times.


Lake Willougby is pretty.

No comments: