Monday, August 10, 2009

Leg pain


As part of my comprehensive D2R2 training plan, I went to the hills of the north. Well, sort of. Part of my comprehensive training plan involved making sure that Johanna had a ride home from Vermont. On Saturday, Johanna and I decided to take a hike at Franconia Notch. Hikes are great for places where one cannot ride a bike. We hiked up Mt. Lafayette and then along the Franconia Ridge Trail to Mt. Lincoln & Haystack Mt. There were views and it was nice, but the next day, my legs were all sore and still are. I don't understand it. I hike pretty frequently and generally my legs are fine, but then every so often, they really hurt. Does anyone know why? Am I simply a bad hiker? Is there some secret walking technique that I don't know?


3 comments:

Karma said...

Looks like you got sweet weather, every time I head to the Whites I feel like it rains.

Brendan said...

Couldn't have been better. It even stayed nice for the next day when I rode over at Kingdom Trails. The rain didn't start until we were driving home.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.