Thursday, August 6, 2009

Getting ready



It's the last weekend before I have to get up at 4am, drive to Deerfield, MA and ride the D2R2. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm still worried. I've been riding my bike a lot, but not exactly in the D2R2 style, a style which is difficult to ride in the greater Hartford area. We've got like two dirt roads and the biggest nearby hill is like 1000'. So, my plan this weekend is to take a place drive out to Salisbury on Saturday and ride up Mt. Riga into the Mt. Washington State Forest. It's a redux of a failed ride from earlier this year when the road was impassible due to snow. It looks to have a little more than 2000' feet of climbing and be at 1/3 dirt. This is it on gmaps pedometer. Anybody want to join me? It's not even a 50 mile ride! We'll go through Bash Bish Falls, which I hear is very pretty.

image stolen from the new england waterfalls website.

3 comments:

Karma said...

Brendan: have you mapped this ride in mapmyride? Id be curious to see the profile's gradients.

Brendan said...

I haven't done it in mapmyride, but the gmaps pedometer will give you contours/elevation profile.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.