Thursday, July 2, 2009

Vacation


If you're unmarried, like me, you don't give much thought to your left ring finger. You don't point at stuff with it or don't make hand gestures with it. It's just sort of there. Now, I'm giving lots of thought to it because I broke it on Sunday at the Reservoir. I'm leaving for vacation soon and I'm down a digit. It seems to be healing quickly, but I'm certain it'll be a bit of time before I can mountain bike with it. It looks like I won't get the Kingdom Trails time that I was hoping for.

Anyway, anybody have recent broken finger stories that can clue me into healing time? When I get I start riding my road bike? Tomorrow? In a week? October?

However, I will get to spend lots of quality time with Johanna!

4 comments:

Karma said...

Fingers heal quick, especially ones like that one you don't use often. You could ride the road tomorrow. Give the mountain bike 3 weeks or so. Take lots of vitamin I for swelling and get plenty of calcium. Good luck.

Brendan said...

3 weeks??? That's a lifetime in mountain bike years!

murbike said...

I broke the same finger when I was like 8, and had a cast that enclosed my pinky and ring finger, and went half way up my arm.

You have a splint.

Granted, my broken finger was like 30 years ago, but still.

Ain't medical technology grand?

Brendan said...

A splint is less hi-tech than a cast, though. Doesn't that mean that medical technology is taking a step backwards? When I broke my thumb when I was 12, it hurt a lot more and was considerably more immobilized. I guess little fingers need to be taken care of better.