Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Rockiest of Hills


I heard about Quarry Park in a Courant article and somewhere else. This former hill, a rocky one, is where Rocky Hill got its name. The article describes the park in far more purplish prose than I would, both because I was looking for single track (not a newspaper column) and because it felt more like an abandoned quarry than a park, which isn't really that scenic. There's a little bit in the way of single track and it's a really quick ride through old Wethersfield from my house to get there. The single track is ok and there's about a mile of it, so I definitely wouldn't drive a great distance to get to it. In fact, I wouldn't drive at all. Maybe if you're passing by on a bike, stop in.

This house watches over the quarry.

The single track.

I thought this track that I made through the stone dust was cool.I rode home through Great Meadow in the sunset.

---

Also, and unrelated, Johanna tipped me off to this:

http://www.orleanscountycitizenadvocacy.org/ Check out the link on the lower left. It's my account of our ride of their century. Pretty cool, huh?

2 comments:

chillwill said...

The shot of the Great Meadow is sweeeet, very beautiful!

Brendan said...

it's really tough to convince my cell phone to do that. my old cell phone, though only 2 megapixel, was much easier to use.