Monday, February 23, 2009

Another boring post on consistency of the snow

While our brave blogging brother was getting ready to speak to truth to power on Saturday, I went mountain biking. I had to feed my parents' cat, so I was over the hill in Avon. I don't really have any fascinating insights, other than groomed cross country skiing/snow skating trails are a weird place to ride a bike. Or really, they're just generally a weird place to be.

I found that much of this Avon snow was compressed to the point of becoming sheets of ice. That's no fun without studs, as I was without them on Saturday. However, pine forests stay shady even in the winter, due to the whole evergreen thing, so the snow compacts into this cool styrofoam stuff instead of becoming ice.

some nice styrofoam snow

some more nice styrofoam snow

some wound-causing ice. (the bike is like that because I crashed)

3 comments:

Brendan said...

that's the weirdest spam we've ever received.

Karma said...

I was wondering if anyone was brave enough to check that link out yet.

Brendan said...

here at work, we have one of those filters. so, if it was bad it would stop me.