Anyway, I have an observation to make regarding the sanity and insanity of drivers in Hartford. From what I can tell, it all depends on when you're on the road.
- Before 8:25am, people are ok.
- 8:25am to 8:50am everyone is insane.
- 8:50am to 2:30pm everyone is ok.
- During the school year 2:30pm to 4:30pm everyone is insane (very, very insane!)
- 4:30pm to 7:30pm everyone is ok.
- after 7:30pm Thursday through Saturday everyone is crazy
I have some theories on this, but they aren't very scientific. Bullet point number two doesn't actually seem to have much to do with people running late to work. That just seems to be when people who drive like assholes go to work (or where ever it is they go in the morning). Bullet point number four's craziness is ascribed to people with kids being crazy, or maybe crazy elementary school kids are driving the cars. The last bullet point is because drivers are on their way to go get drunk or are already drunk.
The strange thing about inter-town commuters is that they get worse when they get further out of Hartford. I think this is because they just spent some terrible time on the highway and by 6:00pm when they're in their town, they're angry.
As a whole, as I've said before, Hartford drivers are amongst the best when interacting with bikes (knock on wood). They seem to be used to weird things on the road.