There are a lot of bicycle related events coming up, and calendars can be confusing for some of us (including me). Here's a short list of the events that you need to know about, particularly those that have to do with Bicycles and BiCi Co. It feels like a wonderful November Bike-nado.
|Cleaning up in our community - BiCi Co.|
- Recurring Weekly in November - Demo DIY Bicycle Repair Hours at BiCi Co. (More Info) Learn to change a tire, adjust a derailleur, or tighten that loose thingy. We've got you covered, and you will get your hands dirty.
- Wednesdays from 5:30-8:30pm. Starting on October 21st. No hours on November 25th due to holiday weekend.
- Saturdays from 1:30-5:30pm. Starting on November 7th. No hours on November 28th due to holiday weekend.
- This is your opportunity to sample (for free!) what it would be like to be a BiCi Co. member.
- Local Music and BiCi Co. Social at Hook and Ladder. Saturday, Nov 7th. 7-10pm at 209 Main Street. Drink specials. P.O.S.S.M playing great music, and a hug from Tony C for anyone that walks or bikes there.
- CT Rides Business Forum. Thursday, Nov 12th. 8-10am, includes a light breakfast. Learn about your commute options in Hartford. A forum with local alternative transportation experts. Great for employees and employers. (More Info & Registration)
- Wetherfield Ave. Has a Bike Lane. Thursday, Nov 12th @ Noon. Come over to the Wethersfield Ave entrance to Colt park at Noon for a photo op and "thank you" to the Hartford DPW for working with the neighborhood organizations that requested bike lanes. For all the griping and complaining, we'd like to offset a little with our hearty thanks. For maximum effect, show up on bike - duh! (Facebook Event)
- BiCi Co. Neighborhood Cleanup! Sunday, November 15th. 10am-1pm. Meet at 97 Park Street. Bicicletas and Communidad. Bicycles and community. BiCi Co. is reaching out to our friends, neighbors, and fellow bike riders to help clean up Park Street and the South Green neighborhood. Let's put some shine on before winter hits and covers us up with snow. Knox Inc. provides the supplies, we supply the human power! (Facebook event)
- Creative Cocktail Hour at Real Art Ways, Thursday, November 19th. Join Hartford Prints and BiCi Co. at RAW. "The best of everything Real Art Ways has to give: innovative art, invigorating music, and hundreds of the most interesting and open-minded people to share the experience." (More Info)
- Bike Walk CT Annual Dinner, Friday, November 20th at CCSU, 5:30pm. Silent auction. Nominate for People's Choice awards. Featured speaker - the inspiring Colleen Kelly Alexander. BiCi Co will be there and provided two "BiCi Co. Family Memberships" for the silent auction. And the silent auction is choice! Great for holiday shopping.
- Hartford Cranksgiving, Saturday, November 21st - In its fourth year, this all family friendly event collects food to donate for the Thanksgiving holiday. Ride fast or slow, but make sure to bring a way to carry the groceries. (Register Here)
- Final Slow Roll of 2015 and BiCi Co. Social. Sunday, December 6th. Save the date. More info soon. Stay tuned to the BiCi Co. Facebook Page.
|Cyclists drink locally!|