Friday, November 18, 2011

I was wrong



A year and a half ago or so, a nice person from the Windsor town hall contacted me about a bike path running from the Bissel bridge south to the Hartford line. I wasn't super excited about the idea because it involved paving some woods. Well, they have done much of the work on the path (minus the paving) and it's actually quite nice. It meanders next to the Connecticut River and has an exciting river crossing (of the Meadow Brook, not the Connecticut River). While I'll still hope the leave it as rolled gravel, I think it'll be a nice path.

Low bridge branch at Elizabeth Park survived! 

Also, the City of Hartford made a new path, too, that I hope stays unpaved. While it strangely seems to run next to a path that already exists near the Walmart and the Park River, this new one is better and longer. I guess the first one was practice. It's still unpaved and I approve of it. The mower deck has disappeared, so Salem can't have it.


Further, I went to the Reservoir today and magically the trails are mostly cleared. I thought I'd never be able to mountain bike again, but I was wrong. I don't know how someone rode with a chainsaw, but I thank them for it.

No comments: