Friday, June 28, 2019

The giddiness of aughts blogging


Every so often I check to see if anything has happened on the beat bike blog and I'm reminded of my bygone days of riding in jeans and sweating through my tshirt under a messenger bag. The days of a blog instead of just posting a picture on Instagram or a ride on Strava was nice.



But, also not nice. You gotta wade through someone's diatribe, when you really just want to see a pretty picture or if they rode to Granville or not.


So anyway, I guess the era of telling everyone about your bike ride is over and now it's about showing.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back!
Yeah, I miss Ye Olde Bike Blogs, but yeah, Instagram is where everyone seems to be these days.
(So, what's your IG handle?)

-Shawn
http://urbanadventureleague.wordpress.com/
on thee instagram: urbanadventureleaguepdx

Brendan said...

It's all baby pictures on there, though!

Unknown said...

I really like the blog and I hope people will have a new blog, thanks for the blog

AE GAMING

pg slot said...

PG88 เว็บตรงสล็อตออนไลน์ PG SLOT สล็อตออนไลน์ได้กลายเป็นทางเลือกที่ยิ่งใหญ่และน่าสนใจสำหรับนักพนันในยุคปัจจุบัน PG การเล่นสล็อตผ่านทางอินเทอร์เน็ตนั้นสะดวกสบายและเข้าถึงได้ทุกที่ทุกเวลา

Unknown said...

Ah, Blogger blogs. Still getting spam comments. Hey Brendan, you still around? It's been five years since your last post. While I don't think I ever followed this blog with any intensity, it was nice to see an occasional bicycle report from my home state. Hope you are well, and maybe you'll post something again?

Best,
Shawn
https://urbanadventureleague.wordpress.com/landing-page/